Comprehensive And Dependable Counsel For Employers
It is usually far more cost-effective and efficient for businesses to prevent problems before they arise rather than resolve them after they do. When it comes to building and managing your team, the details matter.
I am attorney Susan Nell Rowe. At Rowe Law Office, LLC, I work with my business clients to find employment law solutions. With over three decades of experience across a variety of industries, I can provide you with comprehensive insight.
Assisting Businesses With Labor Law Compliance
As an employer in Missouri, you must be aware of several acts, including:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), particularly in regard to minimum wage and overtime laws
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which determines notices of leave, your access to employee medical records and conditions for returning to work
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which compels employers to provide reasonable accommodations for workers with an established disability
Owners of small and midsize businesses already assume a wide variety of roles. However, when the stakes are high, seeking professional guidance is advisable. I can explain your legal obligations as an employer and help you remain compliant with employment laws.
Protect Your Business When Managing Employees
In addition to compliance, I can assist you with complicated employment issues, such as:
- Drafting employment handbooks and policies
- Training employees and human resources staff on sexual harassment, substance abuse and more
- Developing methods for measuring employee performance, discipline and termination
- Creating employment agreements, including noncompete agreements
- Determining downsizing procedures, including severance agreements
- Affordable Care Act and Fair Labor Standards Act Compliance
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- EEOC and MCHR Charges
- Arbitration and Litigation
Taking the right steps early can reduce the legal and operational risks that your business could face. I provide affordable guidance, answering your human resource questions without the need to hire a full-time staff member. If you do encounter an employment dispute, I will be ready to represent you in litigation or arbitration.
Customized Planning For Your Employment Needs
Maintaining compliant employment practices can give your employees clarity and give your business protection. To discuss the unique employment issues of your business, call 314-720-6890. You may also email my office in St. Louis for a consultation.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.